We now have a new video tutorial for how to create presentations with LecShare Pro. It is about 20 minutes and goes over all of the basic features.
We have recently discovered two compatibility issues with Apple’s latest version of QuickTime for Windows. These problems seem to be mainly impacting Vista users but they could potentially impact XP users as well. We have found some solutions to these problems that we hope will resolve your issues. The two problems and their solutions are:
Problem #1: LecShare Pro will not start or crashes very early in its start up process
Solution: There appears to be a problem with Apple’s QuickTime installer that is causing the program to install incorrectly. The solution we have found is to
1. Install QuickTime (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/)
2. When the installation starts be sure to close all of your web browsers
3. If QuickTime starts, exit the program
4. Restart QuickTime – at this point we noticed that QuickTime finishes an installation process that did not seem to complete
5. Close QuickTime
6. Launch LecShare Pro
Problem #2: The recorded audio gets chopped off or turns into static
Solution: One of QuickTime’s audio encodings does not seem to function correctly. Follow these steps to change the audio encoder:
1. Open a presentation in LecShare Pro
2. Click on the “Audio” menu, then “Recording Settings”
3. In the “Compression” menu, change the compressor to “None”
4. Click “OK”
5. Record audio in LecShare Pro and export it
This will make your initial audio recording much larger in size, however, any audio you export will still be compressed. We will be changing the default audio encoder in our next release and will test the stability of the other QuickTime audio compressors.
If these solutions do not fix these particular problems please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
We announce the release of LecShare Pro 1.54. This release fixes 3 issues:
- fixes stability issues running LecShare Pro/Lite on Windows XP in User mode (non-administrative privileges)
- fixes import of slide titles with multiple lines
- fixes Lecturer’s Notes saving back to PowerPoint for long notes
You can download the newest version from http://www.lecshare.com/download.htm.
We announce the release of LecShare Pro 1.53. This release fixes an issue where that audio slide timings can get lost when saving a presentation. You can download the newest version from http://www.lecshare.com/download.htm. We highly recommend anyone using LecShare Pro 1.50 or newer to upgrade to the newest version.
We have just discovered a bug in newer versions of LecShare Pro that can cause the timing of your audio recordings to be lost when saving. We have fixed the problem and will be releasing a fix by 3/11/09. In the meantime we highly recommend not using LecShare Pro to process any presentations. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
Well, our blog has been down for awhile, but we are bringing it back online now. We are developing some new features for LecShare Pro and will be sharing them with you shortly. We will also be working on bringing all of the old blog posts back too.